A delicious way to look after you brain
This is a delicious treat with a wealth of nutritious and low-GL ingredients. Coconut oil and coconut flour, in combination with almond flour and eggs will give you energy and keep you fuller for longer. Coconut oil has also been reported to provide energy to your brain and counteract cognitive decline. Antocyanin-rich blueberries will add a boost of precious antioxidants and have also been reported to promote brain clarity, performance and memory and to delay cognitive decline.
- 150g almond flour
- 50g coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 50g xylitol
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk or natural yogurt
- 2 eggs
- A big handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3-4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line a 12 count muffin tin with muffin paper liners or lightly oil with coconut oil.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, xylitol and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Fold in blueberries and add cinnamon.
- Distribute into muffin tin.
Bake for 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool and sprinkle with additional cinnamon if you like. Enjoy!